Announcing the Fauna Integration for ZEIT
Overview of ZEIT integration with Fauna
What is ZEIT?
What it does
- Sign in to your Fauna account
- Have at least one database with collections
- If you are new to Fauna, create a database here & check the “Pre-populate with demo data” button
- Sign in to your ZEIT account
- Ensure that you have a working version of npm on your machine
- Ensure that ZEIT Now CLI is installed and logged in to your ZEIT account (instructions here)
Steps for integrating
Alternatively, to step 7, you can Clone & deploy the sample app yourself:
- Go to the Fauna integration page | Add
- Select user account | Add (again)
- Create root admin key here
- Paste root admin secret into the integration | Save Secret
- Select a project | Create new project | enter faunadb-zeit-sample-app | CREATE
- “Link To Project” the database you want to connect. To select child databases, click on the database name hyperlink
- Click the “Open in CodeSandbox” link, and continue to follow these steps in the CodeSandbox app:
- Click on the Deployment menu (the rocket icon in the sidebar)
- Click the "Fork Sandbox" button
- Return to the Deployment menu
- Click "Now" (You'll need to sign in to Now when you're deploying for the first time)
- Click the deployment link and wait for building to complete to verify that the application lists the collections in your database
- Clone & deploy sample app:
- Navigate to the project production URL (already in the clipboard on macOS) & confirm DB collections are listed.
ConclusionWith this simple integration, users can get started with a sample app using Fauna and ZEIT Now in 5 minutes or less.Please visit the Fauna documentation to learn more. And please let us know what you think so that we can incorporate your feedback into a future release.
If you enjoyed our blog, and want to work on systems and challenges related to globally distributed systems, serverless databases, GraphQL, and Jamstack, Fauna is hiring!
Subscribe to Fauna blogs & newsletter
Get latest blog posts, development tips & tricks, and latest learning material delivered right to your inbox.