Distributed data and compute, simplified.
Fauna is a distributed document-relational database that runs your business logic and integrates with your stack of choice.
• Combine the flexibility and familiarity of JSON documents with the relationships and querying power of a traditional relational database
• Store data as documents to write different data shapes to a collection
• Query your database using relational features like foreign keys, views, and joins
• Reduce complexity in your application code by executing business logic on your data directly in your database
User defined functions (UDFs)
• Write business logic using user-defined functions in your database with Fauna Query Language (FQL)
• Call UDFs directly in GraphQL using custom resolvers
• Reduce time to get started with built-in functions for common queries and build your own functions using UDFs
Modern security model
• Create fine-grained access controls to manage identity-based operations for your databases with ABAC
• Leverage your current identity provider (Auth0, JWT, and others) to authenticate users in Fauna
• Ensure your database is securely queried with token-based authentication
• Send clients real-time updates from your database using an open, push-based streaming solution
• Ensure authenticated access of data in streams through Fauna's attribute-based access control (ABAC)
• Eliminate any code and infrastructure built for polling with automated real-time streaming
• Get OOTB CRUD queries, mutations, and collections with our GraphQL API and call UDFs directly from GraphQL using resolvers
• Interface with Fauna directly from the CLI and visualize your usage in our dashboards
• Import GBs of JSON or CSV files to a new or existing collection from your CLI with support to define data types
• Migrate data from your existing application or upload sample data to get started with Fauna
• Upload data to Fauna with our dry run functionality to ensure your imports are successful
• Deploy your applications with confidence by integrating unit tests against Fauna with your preferred testing framework
• Develop and test Fauna locally with Fauna’s docker image
• Manage your Fauna databases and resources directly in the Serverless Framework
• Browse your Fauna databases, indexes, collections, documents, and UDFs from your VSCode IDE
Ready to get started?
Sign up or get in touch with one of our experts and discover why thousands of developers love Fauna.